Increased economic activity and global population growth has led to rising demand for construction, agriculture, mining and material handling equipments. While demand in China and other emerging markets continue to dominate the global construction equipment industry, the growth in developed markets is also expected to remain high. Further smaller farm operations has pushed demand for equipment which can be used on smaller tractors and vehicles.
Challenges and Oppurtunities
In order to capitalize on growing opportunities, manufacturers need to meet demands of reduced emissions, increased innovation and manufacturing excellence and develop a range of technologies and application that will drive down costs and improve functionality. An ongoing development in the industry is to drive down product costs to meet strong competition from imports, and to further expand into new and emerging markets . OEMs need to develop and introduce localized products to meet country specific requirements. Meeting the new Tier 4 emission standards requires a systems approach and cascade of innovation in the new generation engine systems. On the other hand, pressure to improve program cost and quality for better global collaboration with suppliers is increasing. These factors combine to make adoption and use of following elements to win in market place.
- Advanced design & engineering for evolutionary and revolutionary products
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing optimization to run lean operations
- Increased adoption of automation to improve productivity and cost
- Access to global talent for localization and cost advantages
Services & Solutions Portfolio
Geometric, combined with deep domain knowledge and technology expertise partners with the off-highway OEMs in delivering intelligent solutions that help bring in efficiencies and drive measurable business value across the digital product realization lifecycle.
With offerings spanning the design to manufacturing lifecycle, we have in-depth expertise across the entire scale of requirements of the industry including product engineering, Tier-IV regulatory compliance, manufacturing engineering & sourcing, value engineering and product lifecycle management
Geometric’s consulting and technology led solutions based approach helps customer with a definitive roadmap driven by unique architectures and solutions for further leveraging their PLM assets, increase its ROI, and also rationalize their application portfolio in line with business needs. Leveraging our knowledge of the NPDI process and strong expertise in PLM, Geometric’s solution frameworks help customers maximize their investments in enterprise PLM applications and capitalize on new market opportunities ahead of competition.
Our solution accelerators backed by our knowledge of the product realization cycle and inhouse tools and technologies complement contemporary engineering processes, giving our customers better and faster engineering services
Value Engineering - Value engineering solutions to drive down costs in engineering and manufacturing
Should Costing – Enables early insight into component costs through accurate and reliable should cost models developed. Provides appropriate costing data that supports development of components from design to procurement
G-Assembly – Integrated Facility Engineering Solution for New Product Development
Integrated Process Planning – Solution framework for Integrated Process Planning on a PLM platform
MBEWeb: Enables secure access to up-to-date relevant product engineering data to downstream users (sourcing, manufacturing, services) in the organization for superior decision making and improving engineering cost, procurement cost and supplier response time.
DFMPro: CAD integrated Design for Manufacturability (DFM) tool that reduces cost of rework by facilitating upstream manufacturability validation and automation of design for manufacturing reviews, delivering savings in manufacturing costs and shorter design and manufacturing cycles.
- Engineering IT: PLM Consulting & Implementation, bespoke application development, knowledge based engineering & CAX development, quality assurance & testing, application maintenance & support, interoperability, application rationalization
- Engineering Services:
- Product Engineering: Powertrain, CAB, Hydaulics, Muffler and Exhaust systems, Frames, Specialized Implements, Attachments, Undercarriage System
- Manufacturing Engineering: Process design and simulation, process planning and assembly validation, workstation design, tool and equipment design, Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Industrial Engineering: Plant layout design, methods engineering, line balancing, material flow, discrete event simulation, packaging / rack design, process improvement, robotic simulation and ergonomics