The automotive industry is witnessing a remarkable transformation as it prepares itself for the next generation connected cars age. Changing consumer preferences and economic fluctuations in a fiercely competitive market is leading the automotive OEMs to constantly look at reinventing their business models and to deliver value to their customers. Unrelenting pressures to improve program cost and quality for better global collaboration with suppliers and cost control is increasing. On the other hand, the rising share of electronics is significantly influencing the cost & complexity of the vehicle. Slowing mature markets versus emerging markets is putting increased focus on having optimum manufacturing strategies to balance NPDI with capacity. Tightening environmental compliance and search for an optimum efficient engine technology is putting pressure on investing in the right technology.
Automotive Industry Challenges
Services & Solutions Portfolio
Geometric, combined with deep domain knowledge and technology expertise partners with the automotive leaders and their extended enterprise in delivering intelligent solutions that help bring in efficiencies and drive measurable business value across the digital product realization lifecycle.
Geometric’s consulting and technology led solutions based approach helps customer with a definitive roadmap driven by unique architectures and solutions for further leveraging their PLM assets, increase its ROI, and also rationalize their application portfolio in line with business needs. Leveraging our knowledge of the NPDI process and strong expertise in PLM, Geometric’s solution frameworks help customers maximize their investments in enterprise PLM applications and capitalize on new market opportunities ahead of competition. Our solution accelerators backed by our knowledge of the product realization cycle and software technologies complement contemporary engineering processes, giving our customers better and faster engineering services.
Systems Engineering: Enabling next generation PLM adoption through roadmap creation for integrating systems engineering approach
Integrated Quality Management (IQM): Reduced cost of quality by managing the evolving quality of product across it’s development lifecycle in a progressive manner.
Strategic Sourcing: Supply chain efficiencies early in the lifecycle through increased product collaboration between engineering, procurement and suppliers.
ValiDATA: Acurate CAD data conversion and re-mastering from one CAD platform to another through tool based validation ensuringmigration of 100% validated data
DMLab: Integrated digital manufacturing solution for complete BIW assembly line design, validation and optimization
G-VAVE: Reduced engineering and manufacturing cost through value engineering & value analysis.
MBEWeb: Enables secure access to up-to-date relevant product engineering data to downstream users (sourcing, manufacturing, services) in the organization for superior decision making and improving engineering cost, procurement cost and supplier response time.
DFMPro: CAD integrated Design for Manufacturability (DFM) tool that reduces cost of rework by facilitating upstream manufacturability validation and automation of design for manufacturing reviews, delivering savings in manufacturing costs and shorter design and manufacturing cycles.
- Engineering IT: PLM Consulting & Implementation, bespoke application development, knowledge based engineering & CAX development, quality assurance & testing, application maintenance & support, interoperability, application rationalization
- Engineering Services:
- Product Engineering: BIW, interiors, exteriors, vechicle packaging, chasis, powertrain, electrical and wire harness
- Manufacturing Engineering: Process design and simulation, process planning and assembly validation, BIW digital manufacturing, workstation design, tool and equipment design, Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Industrial Engineering: Plant layout design, methods engineering, line balancing, material flow, discrete event simulation, packaging / rack design, process improvement, robotic simulation and ergonomics
- Electronics & Embedded: Advanced driver assistance systems, body electronics, infotainment and navigation, diagnostics, instrument clusters, powertrain, engine calibration, electric and hybrid, V2V,V2I