|Geometric advantage for Aerospace clients:
The Aerospace & Defense Industry is undergoing significant changes and pressures due to a globalizing competitive landscape and customer needs for lower costs. Doing more with less is now the mantra and organizations who best respond to these challenges will be in the best position to prosper over the coming years. This change brings with it challenges for collaboration, and opportunities to take advantage of a globally available talent pool. In recent times, there have been initiatives to set-up design centers, MROs and production facilities through partnerships with local players in countries like India and China. Developing countries are fueling an ever rising demand for commercial aircraft as well as defense systems needed in an increasingly hostile world. Today the industry is faced with challenges like raising cost pressures, increased time to market, growing use of new technologies such as composites, globalization, and regulatory management. Competition is increasing and coming from established countries as well as newly industrialized regions. Ageing workforce within the major OEMs and lack of scalable replacements has been a major cause of concern. With these changes, business complexity has also increased as organizations must collaborate on a global scale with customers, partners, and suppliers.
Geometric provides the technology and expertise to help companies drive results across the entire product life cycle in engineering design and manufacturing realization processes. Our mission and complete focus is centered on delivering measurable value to the engineering and manufacturing industry.
Our Should costing services powered by proprietary tools like DFMPro, Feature Recognition and Nestlib® enable our customers to reach their strategic business goals by reducing time to market, cutting costs and improving overall efficiency and productivity.
We have helped our Aerospace customers to bring down their time to market, improve supplier collaboration, accurately estimate costs, and optimize them through our should costing services.
- Should Costing Services has resulted in multi-million dollar savings
- Value added design services helped customers bring down design process time by up to 70%
- Product development services powered by proprietary technology solutions helped customers reduce product development cost by 30%
|Product Engineering & Design Support||FE Analysis / CAE||Manufacturing Support|
Our customers acknowledge the value delivered by us beyond software development, especially the contribution to product roadmap, unlike general IT service companies. Our portfolio of software services includes Application Development and Management, Portfolio Rationalization, Knowledge Management, Implementation, Upgrade, Integration and Interoperability.
Geometric’s PLM solution combines software, services and consulting to enable integration of our clients’ product information across business functions and processes.
Geometric’s PLM solutions for the aerospace industry are specifically designed for manufacturers of highly complex, electro-mechanical products that have regulatory requirements for data retention, auditing and configuration control. The solution offers integrated requirements management and configuration management capabilities built on a robust PLM foundation for managing the product record through all stages of the program including planning, design, prototype, production, and in-field service
- Part/ Design Re-use enabled through customization and leveraging Geometric’s shape based search technology
- Rules based IPP enables process re-use and significantly improves the productivity of process planners by providing cost and time optimized process templates
- Field Testing enables capture of actual test data for specific equipment and track the issues to the closure in the engineering change management system for closed loop tracking and give inputs to the future NPD process
- IQM enables managing all phase gate quality processes in tight integration with the NPD process on the PLM
- Digital Binders in PLM organize documents in a hierarchy of chapters for effective Compliance Requirements
- MRO solution maintains the evolving current and historical product configuration (BOM) as an equipment or its components are maintained, repaired, or chaznged in the field